- Concordia University’s Greenhouse & their blog
- Action Communiterre
- community gardening in NDG
- Freecycle Montreal
- reuse free stuff. First come first served.
- a French language permaculture discussion group hosted by Google
Permaculture Montreal Community Group
- another Permaculture group set up and run by permaculturalist Graham Calder
SUSTAINABLE LIVING BLOGS
- Permaculture en Climat Froid
- French language Permaculture blog by MPGer Wen Rolland
- Christopher & Rosemary’s Permaculture Adventures
- Follow the adventures of permaculturalists and former MPGers Chris & Rosemary
- “Challenging capitalism and consumerism with DIY lifestyle. Connecting community and activism. Living cheaply and eating well. Challenging preconceptions and social norms and having fun.”
- Chez Mirza
- Montreal cook, gardener & canner
GROW YOUR OWN FOOD
- Some Mushroom Growing Basics for Beginners
SUSTAINABLE LOCAL COMMERCE
- Ferme du Zéphyr
- an organic farm owned and operated by Stephen Homer, who has been producing organic vegetables in the Montreal area since 1997. The farm, first named Le Potager du Chef, has grown vegetables on leased land in both Carignan and Rougemont, before finally settling on Montreal’s West Island.
- Coop la Maison Verte
- a community-based environmental solidarity co-operative that offers ecological solutions for the home as well as resources for responsible consumption.
- Le Frigo Vert
- a collectively run food co-op that sells cheap, healthy, organic and local foods.
P3 Permaculture Design
- a social enterprise that teaches permaculture and offers consultation and design services.
- Eco Bug Doctor
- effective ecological pest control.
- Les Jardiniers à bicyclette
- “the most environmentally friendly gardening company in Montreal.”
- Déménagement Myette
- mini-moving by bike trailer
NEARBY & LIKE-MINDED
- Transition Ottawa
- Coalescent Farms
- an organic community evolving together in Ingleside, ON
- Heart Root Farm
- a center in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, dedicated to healing, renewal and enlightenment
- Green Building Elements
- The Apios Institute
- builds communities of amateur and professional practitioners to research and demonstrate agricultural ecosystems modeled on the structure, function, and dynamics of temperate climate forests. We work with and educate gardeners, farmers, students, professors, designers, policy-makers, and the general public to develop these humanatural ecosystems.
- The Transition Network‘s
- role is to inspire, encourage, connect, support and train communities as they self-organise around the transition model, creating initiatives that rebuild resilience and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Gaia University
- offers a unique approach to higher learning by offering students (called Associates) access to accredited Bachelors and Masters degrees and Graduate Diplomas whilst the Associate is actively engaged in self and planetary transformation.